For some of you who really want to flirt with nature, especially playing around with tamed elephants, I suggest you to come to Way Kambas National Park in Lampung. If you guys are coming from Jakarta, it’s not so draining your wallet to come to Lampung because it costs about IDR 200K by plane or about IDR 150K by bus.
Way Kambas National Park was run by government, that consists of swamp forest and lowland rain forest, mostly of secondary growth as result of extensive logging in the 1960s and 1970s. In 2016, Way Kambas was formally declared an ASEAN Heritage Park.
- Entrance fee for domestics: IDR 12K/person/day, IDR 20K/person/day at weekends and public holidays.
- Entrance fee for foreigners: IDR 150K/person/day, IDR 250K/person/day at weekends and public holidays.
- Accommodation in Way Kanan IDR 250K/night without food and real toilet. This accomodation is optional if you want to stay overnight around Way Kambas.
HOW TO GET TO WAY KAMBAS
Direction below starts from Bandar Lampung to Way Kambas National Park:
- By bus: [Alt. 1] From Raja Basa bus terminal to Way Jepara, stops at Gajah Batu, Rajabasa Lama village, then continue by taking ojek (bike) to Way Kanan or Elephants Training Center of Way Kambas.
- By bus: [Alt. 2] From any bus terminal, take bus to Metro city, then continue taking bus from Metro to Rajabasa Lama.
- By car: Open google maps on your smartphone for the directions then everything is going to be very clear.
I don’t recommend you to go to Way Kambas by motorcycle or bike because it is dangerous; the street crimes may be happened in unecpected time, unless you go with local people.
Overall, playing and flirting with tamed elephants directly in Way Kambas is a good idea to spend your holiday in Lampung, not always going to beaches even Lampung has some amazing oceanic views to offer.
If you guys have special request for photoshoot or filming permission, you can contact Pak Suhadak as the tour coordinator at +6282380303423 (call & Whatsapp) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
So.. do you have plan to visit Way Kambas? 🙂